eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Jan 25th, 2011, 09:51 pm
eslHQ Member

Ro Laren is on a distinguished road
Default CELTA Course- Is the Work Load Too Intense For Those With a Long commute?

I was recently accepted into a CELTA course, but I would have to drive to it each day. Considering the traffic on most days it will probably take 1 1/2 hrs to get to the area of the class and then 30 minutes to park my car in the parking garage and walk to class. It will take about the same amount of time to walk get home. Perhaps on some days I will be really lucky and if there are no accidents on the road I could get take 10 or 15 minutes of that commute time. The class is either supposed to be from 9am to 5:30 pm or 8:30am to 5:30pm (I have received conflicting info). I also know that I am supposed to have about 20-25 hours worth of homework outside of class. When I asked the Center about this they said that this is still feasible and lots of students have commutes to class. Has anyone ever taken a CELTA course before? Is this feasible?
Unread Feb 2nd, 2011, 08:08 am
eslHQ Member

B52H is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CELTA Course- Is the Work Load Too Intense For Those With a Long commute?

Hi there Ro,

I would strongly advise that you find someplace that closer. I have recently completed a CELTA course in Seoul, South Korea. It was a big load off of my mind having just a 10 minute walk to the training centre. For me it was that old adage; time or money.

Unless you're an A+ student, I'd advise you find a quicker way of getting to the school or stay someplace closer than you already are.

Good luck with your assignements and TP's.

B52