eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Nov 3rd, 2010, 10:39 am
eslHQ Member

melrose99 is on a distinguished road
Default Teaching a Time Table for a Project

I am teaching students how to make a list and then insert into a calendar or time line for the future. Any actvities woul be great!
Unread Nov 9th, 2010, 10:08 pm
eslHQ Member

eaturcheese is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Teaching a Time Table for a Project

When I first read your post, I was a bit confused. So, the students have a to-do list, and you want them to arrange those things on a timeline or calendar? Is there any particular grammar or vocabulary you want to focus on (dates, time, order, verb tense)?

For a timeline, I would start with cooking a meal. Brainstorm ingredients and steps to a basic recipe (go to the store, buy ingredients, come home, boil water, put in pasta, set the table, eat). Write these steps on pieces of paper or use pictures. Take a page for a single day from a daily planner and enlarge it. If there aren't times printed on it, add them. Ask students to put the steps in order on the page.

You can also do a listening activity. Print out a monthly calendar and give each student or group a copy. Read a dialogue or explanation of someone's monthly schedule (On the 25th, I am going to Disneyland. I will go to the dentist next Tuesday.) Students listen and write the plans on the calendar.

Let me know if these aren't what you're looking for.

Find the Best TEFL, TESL, TESOL & CELTA Certification Courses - User Submitted Ratings & Reviews for Online, Distance & Abroad TEFL Courses. Over 3,500 reviews of 100+ TEFL schools!

Teach English in Thailand - Onsite and Combined TEFL certification courses in Phuket, Thailand.

Free ESL Flashcards