eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Apr 24th, 2008, 02:47 am
eslHQ Member

jordan2345 is on a distinguished road
Default Guangzhou Worldy Education Service/Department

I would like to advise anyone coming to Guangzhou, China not to work for Guangzhou Worldy Education Department/
Guangzhou worldy education Service.

The company name has changed in the past so please look out for a lady called Mary Yuq. It is her English name and she uses it to fraudulently sign contracts that are not legitimate as you will be made to work without a visa when you first arrive. I have many teacher friends who have been conned financially by this company and they have a bad reputation throughout Guangzhou.

They make you work illegally, long hours, the contract is misleading, they do not pay you for holidays when they should, they lie to you and hold your passport as to stop you from leaving, they do not pay you on time, the Chinese in the contract is not the same as the English, they have changed company names many times as to continue operating illegitimately.

These are to name but a few of the problems that the teachers went through during my time with Guangzhou Worldy Education Department.

I repeat. Think wisely before you enter into discussions with this company.

From a very unhappy teacher still living in Guangzhou hence why no email address.
Unread Apr 28th, 2008, 12:55 pm
I like it hot!

Denis DNT is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Guangzhou Worldy Education Service/Department

A black list of these kind of schools would be very helpful especially for newcomers.
Unread Apr 29th, 2008, 12:33 am
eslHQ Member

jordan2345 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Guangzhou Worldy Education Service/Department

I believe so too. Mary Yuq and Mike Liao who both work for the company inform foreign teachers in Guangzhou that they can be blacklisted if they dont fulfill what is a void contract. Foreign teachers should also have rights in China and the government should do more to act against fraudulent companies.