eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Apr 2nd, 2007, 09:14 am
Ninja Fighting Teacher

livinginkorea is on a distinguished road
Default EFL Podcasts

Hi,

I am interested in hearing more Podcasts like Eric's and Mark's one at teachertalk.com. Has anybody come across like that specifically geared towards teachers and not students.

I like hearing about other people's teaching experiences and problems and how they have dealt with it. I travel a lot in my job and like to listen to the radio and audio books more and more now compared to the usual Liszt or Chopin.

Thanks,

-lik
Unread Apr 2nd, 2007, 06:20 pm
SimplyESL

simplyesl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EFL Podcasts

I was thinking about doing something like this... but it never really eventuated. I was also thinking about uploading videos of lessons. I think that would be really good, because everyone has their own subtle techniques that would be great to learn. Too bad I only thought of this after i left my teaching job... maybe when i return.
Unread Apr 3rd, 2007, 01:27 am
mind like a sieve

HUE is on a distinguished road

I agree on that, too. Dave's intro, background, and experiences were very interesting--makes me wonder if I should place something like that on my website, too.

Having been in Japan for the past ten years, I've missed out on the podcast boom. But they are really compelling to listen to. Although I listened to half of Dave's podcast coming in on the train yesterday, and half going home, how do people usually listened to podcasts in general? Is it at home? On an ipod?
Just print and teach materials at Heads Up English.
Unread Apr 4th, 2007, 10:15 pm
Administrator

Eric is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote HUE
Having been in Japan for the past ten years, I've missed out on the podcast boom. But they are really compelling to listen to. Although I listened to half of Dave's podcast coming in on the train yesterday, and half going home, how do people usually listened to podcasts in general? Is it at home? On an ipod?
You haven't really missed the podcast boom, that is for sure. Most folks back home don't know what they are but they are steadily gaining popularity. I'd say get in now and you'd be early.

I subscribe to about 20 different podcasts, mostly tech or news related. I listen anytime im in the car or bus, at the rock gym and sometimes at home, though i can't really work on the computer and listen at the same time.
Unread Apr 6th, 2007, 02:00 am
EFL Teacher

DaveESL is on a distinguished road

I've got a podcast called ESL etc. I just started doing it a couple of weeks ago (although I did a similar one last year, too). I talk about what I'm doing in my teaching, including materials I'm using and problems I'm facing. I put materials up on my website, too. I'm currently teaching at a college in China, but before that I was teaching at an IEP in Hawaii, so I kind of flip back and forth between the two situations. Feel free to check it out.

This week will be late, though, as I've been internetless until about 15 minutes ago.

Take care,
Dave