eslHQ

eslHQ (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/)
-   Teaching ESL (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/esl-forums/teaching-esl/)
-   -   Favourite classes (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/esl-forums/teaching-esl/favourite-classes-412/)

emile May 1st, 2006 07:26 pm

Favourite classes

Hi all,

What are your favourite classes: young learners, teens, adults, housewives, execs?

Do tell

mesmark May 1st, 2006 09:27 pm

Re: Favourite classes

I'd have to say young learners (K-4.) I like and dislike all my classes pretty equally across all levels but I would have to say young learner classes are where I feel I do the best job as a teacher.

openmind May 6th, 2006 03:17 pm

99% of my learners are adults and that's the target group I feel most comfortable working with. Most of the people in 'my' courses, see the English language as a tool to achieve their goals. So their goal could be to find a new job, to increase their salary, to generate new business contacts etc.

mrcards May 6th, 2006 08:21 pm

I'd have to go with young learners here. I absolutely love children and love teaching them. They are so innocent and wild all wrapped up into one little package. Some days they'll make me so happy and other days they drive me up the wall. :lol:

Great question!

Eric May 6th, 2006 10:29 pm

My favorite is young learners, ages 8-12. You can have so much fun with this age group.... well, i can at least. :)

little sage May 7th, 2006 06:14 pm

Although I'm really enjoying teaching university kids, (they're far more attentive and diligent than I'd expected), I think my heart is still with the 10-12 age group. I used to love teaching kindergarten age kids, the littlest of the little, but I got burnt out on the singing and dancing after a couple years. For me, the 10-12ers are the perfect balance of playful and yet capable of serious study. :D

emile May 7th, 2006 08:12 pm

I always wondered if I was crazy for enjoying teaching Business English - thought to be a little dry by some. I'm also really enjoying the call center training that I'm doing at the moment

Eric May 7th, 2006 09:00 pm

Quote:

Quote emile
I'm also really enjoying the call center training that I'm doing at the moment

sounds interesting. what does that entail?

Rabinoshka Jun 21st, 2006 03:19 pm

I mostly teach university students, but I LLOVE kids around 10-13! They are usually very active and love experimenting with new words, teaching techniques, etc. :) Although there may be exceptions. :confused:

michèle 2 Jun 23rd, 2006 09:35 am

I like teaching from 6 to 70 or over... Not before 6. they can't read or write so I get bored singing and speaking to myself!