eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Jul 3rd, 2009, 08:40 am
eslHQ Enthusiast

jellybeanenglisch is on a distinguished road
Default References

Hi. I have been teaching English as a freelance tutor for almost 3 years now. Students come and go and most of them (all of them) have improved/gotten better grades etc. I sometimes get students who tell me that someone recommended me which is GREAT but what I would like is something in writing, like a reference to add to my website and to have something to show for myself (also, if I want to apply at a school that will be helpful). I searched the web but couldnīt really find anything... What I am looking for is maybe kind of a questionnaire I can have my students fill out. ANY IDEAS?????? Thank you!!
Unread Jul 4th, 2009, 05:20 am
eslHQ Addict

teachingenglishmadeeasy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: References

Quote:
Quote jellybeanenglisch View Post
Hi. I have been teaching English as a freelance tutor for almost 3 years now. Students come and go and most of them (all of them) have improved/gotten better grades etc. I sometimes get students who tell me that someone recommended me which is GREAT but what I would like is something in writing, like a reference to add to my website and to have something to show for myself (also, if I want to apply at a school that will be helpful). I searched the web but couldnīt really find anything... What I am looking for is maybe kind of a questionnaire I can have my students fill out. ANY IDEAS?????? Thank you!!
What country do you teach in?

Free Downloadable Resources
www.ralphsesljunction.com
Unread Jul 4th, 2009, 10:35 am
eslHQ Enthusiast

Iīm in Germany
Unread Jul 5th, 2009, 02:42 am
eslHQ Zealot

STCrowley is on a distinguished road

Our school has us hand out a "What did you think" questionnaire at the end of each course. With it, we can basically see what the students thought: there are a bunch of the scale-of-one-to-five questions and there's room for them to write something. Why not make up your own, simplified questionnaire? My advice would be to keep it short, and not to let them 'sent it to you.' (Not that they don't intend to, they get lazy.)

-Toby
Unread Jul 6th, 2009, 06:40 am
eslHQ Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote STCrowley View Post
there are a bunch of the scale-of-one-to-five questions and there's room for them to write something
Hi Toby. What are the 5 questions? Tks
Unread Jul 7th, 2009, 10:45 am
eslHQ Zealot

STCrowley is on a distinguished road

They are more than five questions, but they're all in a format like "On a scale of one to five (five is the highest) how much did the course content match your expectations?" The same thing for the atmosphere in the course, and I don't know what.

Since you have a small enough operation to not need a computer-readable form, I'd suggest you ask maybe three or four open-ended questions. I don't know how things work in Germany, but you could include "I'd be willing to be a reference for Jelly Bean English."
Unread Jul 8th, 2009, 01:12 am
eslHQ Enthusiast

tks Toby
Iīll try that.
Talk2UL8R