eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Aug 30th, 2009, 06:48 am
eslHQ Member

mary1 is on a distinguished road
Default postcard exchange for 2009-2010

Hi everyone, I hope you are all having a good summer! I´m sitting here trying to think of projects to do with my students for 2009-2010. I work for a small school in a remote area in the south of Spain, we start our classes mid September. I teach 3 year olds through to adults and I like to present them with projects at the start of the year that will motivate them and get them to use their English. Most of my students don´t seem to understand how useful English will be to them and just how many people study and speak English in the world, they think it´s just another subject they have to do!!!! This is why this year I would like them to start a Postcard / Xmas card Exchange with other esl groups all over the world. I think this would help look at English in a different light. My problem is I don´t know where to start or how to start looking for other esl teachers that might be interested in exchanging postcards with us. Can anyone give me some ideas.... thanks.
Unread Sep 15th, 2009, 05:32 pm
eslHQ Member

malgo98 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: postcard exchange for 2009-2010

hHi!
It seems that we have the same mind!!!
I would also like to mail with other schools in English. I teach in a small school in the north of Spain.
My idea was that each student can write a postcard or letter ( maybe an e-mail) and I would send them to the other school. Your students would read them and then reply.
Well, what do you think about it?
Let me know.
Grettings from Galicia
Unread Sep 17th, 2009, 07:14 pm
eslHQ Member

MeNut is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: postcard exchange for 2009-2010

That's a great idea! I teach adults in Oklahoma. At present I have 35 students from beginner to almost ready for college. I guess we would need to exchange names and addresses, but I don't know if it is safe to do it over the internet. We might have to use regular mail. I could send you a list of my students. Oh, my students come from many countries.
Unread Sep 18th, 2009, 07:26 am
eslHQ Member

Quote:
Quote malgo98 View Post
hHi!
I would also like to mail with other schools in English. I teach in a small school in the north of Spain.
My idea was that each student can write a postcard or letter ( maybe an e-mail) and I would send them to the other school. Your students would read them and then reply.
Let me know.
Grettings from Galicia
Hi, thanks for the message, great minds think alike!!!! I also teach in a VERY small school in Spain, I´m in Andalucia.. How old are your students? If you´re your still interested, let me know and I´ll send you our school address, where the cards could be send to by post and then given to the students in class.
Hope Galicia isn´t too cold!!!
Regards.
Unread Sep 18th, 2009, 07:41 am
eslHQ Member

Quote:
Quote MeNut View Post
That's a great idea! I teach adults in Oklahoma. At present I have 35 students from beginner to almost ready for college. I guess we would need to exchange names and addresses, but I don't know if it is safe to do it over the internet. We might have to use regular mail. I could send you a list of my students. Oh, my students come from many countries.
Hi, and thanks for the message. I´m starting my classes with my adults at the end of the month, I´m not sure yet how may students I will have as I work for a small school, but I do know that they will be from beginner to advanced. My idea is to get your students for example to send the letters, postcards, ect., to the school by post and then hand them out to my students, this way I can ensure that my students will send replies back to them. I´m going to post them back myself!!! If you´re still interested let me know and I`ll send you our school details when I get started with the classes and we can sort something out.
Regards.
Unread Sep 18th, 2009, 08:53 am
eslHQ Member

malgo98 is on a distinguished road

Hi!
I am teaching young learners from 3 up to 12 years old, so I am sure our letters are going to be very colourful!!!

I do not mind if they are adults (beginners) as young and adult people have a lot to share and learn. Dont you think so ?

My school is very nice. We have kindergarden, primary and Secondary education. Children like English but they don not like writing or speaking as they feel ashamed (most of them) so it woul be great to motivate them and to show them taht English is not a subject but a way of communicating...

If you think this ages are suitable for mailing with you schools. Let us know and we can start sending letters by "old" mail and then with e-mails. We would always use the school address, telephone and e-mail address.
Hope you answer soon! i´´m excited with this idea! and Im looking forward to putting it into practise
Greetings from Ourense, Galicia, Spain

PS: Its not very cold but autumn has already
Unread Sep 18th, 2009, 10:45 am
eslHQ Member

Smile Re: postcard exchange for 2009-2010

Quote:
Quote mary1 View Post
Hi, and thanks for the message. I´m starting my classes with my adults at the end of the month, I´m not sure yet how may students I will have as I work for a small school, but I do know that they will be from beginner to advanced. My idea is to get your students for example to send the letters, postcards, ect., to the school by post and then hand them out to my students, this way I can ensure that my students will send replies back to them. I´m going to post them back myself!!! If you´re still interested let me know and I`ll send you our school details when I get started with the classes and we can sort something out.
Regards.
Yes, that would be the best way to do it. I'll get my students started writing, so by the time your class begins, I'll have letters ready to mail.
Thanks
Unread Sep 28th, 2009, 12:39 pm
eslHQ Member

I have sent you a private email. Click on private messages under My Account after you sign in.
MeNut
Unread Oct 5th, 2009, 04:14 pm
eslHQ Member

Quote:
Quote malgo98 View Post
hHi!
Let me know.
Grettings from Galicia
I have sent you a private email. Click on private messages under My Account after you sign in.

MeNut