eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Feb 12th, 2011, 07:05 am
eslHQ Member

azems707 is on a distinguished road
Post setting up a new school - Help!

Hey guys,i'm thinking of setting up an Esl language center here in china and i was wondering if anyone has any tips.
Unread Feb 14th, 2011, 04:18 pm
eslHQ Zealot

Dave-B is on a distinguished road
Default Re: setting up a new school - Help!

I have lots, but you would need to be a little more specific.
Unread Feb 15th, 2011, 02:02 am
clever

clevermae is on a distinguished road

At what type of help you need for your new ESL Language Center? Here are some few advice that I could share first is look for a LOCATION, then choose your LAYOUT OF ROOMS , RESOURCE ROOM FOR STUDENTS, WHICH CLIENT GROUP TO TARGET, then RESOURCES AND EQUIPMENTS.
Unread Feb 15th, 2011, 06:31 am
eslHQ Member

Thanks. I've already chosen a location among other things but i have a problem deciding on the best resource to use. I'll like to introduce a new Esl book or program.Most language centers around the city use Cambridge Young learners English.I'll really appreciate your help.
Unread Feb 19th, 2011, 04:41 pm
SimplyESL

simplyesl is on a distinguished road

So you're targeting young learners? Sounds like there are a few schools in town that are already targeting them. Do you have a point of difference, other than the specific book used? Or maybe try targeting and catering your school to a group of students whose needs aren't being met?
Anyway let us know how it goes.
Unread Feb 20th, 2011, 06:13 am
eslHQ Member

Thanks for the insight.
When i first thought about opening a language center i knew i had to make mine different since there are quite a few already. Through a survey i did, most of the centers in town concentrate on helping with the students homework or oral English,leaving the young learners lacking in reading skills.So i'll forcus on reading although a few classes will be on oral English.Fortunately i have a friend who is trained in this area.Right now i'm trying to find the best resource.