eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Sep 9th, 2013, 10:58 am
eslHQ Member

sweet tooth is on a distinguished road
Default Ideas on how to cut down on photocopies & use other resources

I have some great books such as Primary Activity Box etc with some really great photocobiable activities and materials.We also use textbooks at the academy where I work but I like to supplement the book with activities from my books like Primary Activity Box etc as these activities are often more communicative and more fun.My problem is though that we donīt have access to a photocopier so I have to pay for the photocopies out of my own pocket (I do the photocopying at home to save me time)Maybe I should just give my boss a receipt for the paper and the ink?!!! Also my students just always disrepect the photocpoy and end up throwing it in the bin at the end of the class, which really annoys me! Iīd like to cut down on the amount of photocoping I do but Iīd also like to keep these fun,communication activities in my class. Any ideas as to how I can prevent this from happening? Or any ideas of more activities/resources I can use which donīt require photocopies and lots of time/prep? We do play games that often donīt need to much prep or photocopies.
Unread Sep 10th, 2013, 10:38 pm
eslHQ Member

High School ESL is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ideas on how to cut down on photocopies & use other resources

You could copy the questions/activities from the worksheet or your own questions/activities on to a PPT slide. Then ask the students to write the answers in their notebooks. Or you could buy whiteboards and pens for the students OR make whiteboards by laminating pieces of plain white paper! Hope this helps.
Unread Sep 14th, 2013, 07:26 pm
Teacher and Blogger

abarboza is on a distinguished road

Can you ask your students's parents some extra money fopr the copies? I do that here in Colombia. I just explain to them how important the photocopies are and how much time they save us.

In regards to your students throwing the copies into the bin, you should always have glue at hand and have them glue the copies on their notebooks.
Unread Sep 17th, 2013, 02:22 am
eslHQ Member

sweet tooth is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replies!HIGH sCHOOL ESL the academy I work at doesnīt have any computers or Internet access so it would mean taking my own laptop in. Iīm not sure what else Iīd need for a PTT slide! Also Iīm talking about paired activities like Spot the Differences etc so I donīt think this could work with these types of activities! As regards to asking the parents for extra money for photocopies,I donīt always have contact or see all the parents. Iīm not sure if it would go down well as they have a textbook(Studentīs book and workbook) so donīt think they would be too keen and maybe wouldnīt understand why they might need additional photocopies! Plus with the economic recession being pretty bad in Spain at the mo....I really donīt think theyīd be too keen to shell out more money!!Gluing into their notebooks is a great idea!