eslHQ

eslHQ (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/)
-   Teaching ESL (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/esl-forums/teaching-esl/)
-   -   References (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/esl-forums/teaching-esl/references-13073/)

jellybeanenglisch Jul 3rd, 2009 08:40 am

References

Hi. I have been teaching English as a freelance tutor for almost 3 years now. Students come and go and most of them (all of them:confused:) have improved/gotten better grades etc. I sometimes get students who tell me that someone recommended me which is GREAT but what I would like is something in writing, like a reference to add to my website and to have something to show for myself (also, if I want to apply at a school that will be helpful). I searched the web but couldnīt really find anything... What I am looking for is maybe kind of a questionnaire I can have my students fill out. ANY IDEAS?????? Thank you!!

teachingenglishmadeeasy Jul 4th, 2009 05:20 am

Re: References

Quote:

Quote jellybeanenglisch (Post 22747)
Hi. I have been teaching English as a freelance tutor for almost 3 years now. Students come and go and most of them (all of them:confused:) have improved/gotten better grades etc. I sometimes get students who tell me that someone recommended me which is GREAT but what I would like is something in writing, like a reference to add to my website and to have something to show for myself (also, if I want to apply at a school that will be helpful). I searched the web but couldnīt really find anything... What I am looking for is maybe kind of a questionnaire I can have my students fill out. ANY IDEAS?????? Thank you!!

What country do you teach in?

jellybeanenglisch Jul 4th, 2009 10:35 am

Iīm in Germany

STCrowley Jul 5th, 2009 02:42 am

Our school has us hand out a "What did you think" questionnaire at the end of each course. With it, we can basically see what the students thought: there are a bunch of the scale-of-one-to-five questions and there's room for them to write something. Why not make up your own, simplified questionnaire? My advice would be to keep it short, and not to let them 'sent it to you.' (Not that they don't intend to, they get lazy.)

-Toby

jellybeanenglisch Jul 6th, 2009 06:40 am

Quote:

Quote STCrowley (Post 22769)
there are a bunch of the scale-of-one-to-five questions and there's room for them to write something

Hi Toby. What are the 5 questions? Tks

STCrowley Jul 7th, 2009 10:45 am

They are more than five questions, but they're all in a format like "On a scale of one to five (five is the highest) how much did the course content match your expectations?" The same thing for the atmosphere in the course, and I don't know what.

Since you have a small enough operation to not need a computer-readable form, I'd suggest you ask maybe three or four open-ended questions. I don't know how things work in Germany, but you could include "I'd be willing to be a reference for Jelly Bean English."

jellybeanenglisch Jul 8th, 2009 01:12 am

tks Toby
Iīll try that.
Talk2UL8R :)