eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Jan 9th, 2011, 07:12 am
eslHQ Member

terjume is on a distinguished road
Default requesting advice in Mongolia

I'm heading to Mongolia next week to do a translation project on my own: to translate Mongolian children's books and will try to get them published for use as English or Mongolian study materials.
I would like to hear from those with experience in Mongolia, esp. people currently in Mongolia, who could give on making contact with non-governmental, non-profit organizations here, including churches, temples, or other religious-affiliated groups that offer informal / supplemental education, and that might be interested in supporting such a project, using such books, etc.
While I'm primarily a translator, sometimes I teach English, either as a volunteer or for pay, to support my translation work. In this case I'll need to find an organization to give support for a long-term visa, so there will be enough time to learn enough Mongolian (I only basic knowledge now) to translate well and to do enough translations to make a useful contribution to the field.