eslHQ

eslHQ (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/)
-   The Worksheet Maker (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/esl-forums/worksheet-maker/)
-   -   Add your own pictures to your worksheets! (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/esl-forums/worksheet-maker/add-your-own-pictures-your-worksheets-344/)

Eric Feb 18th, 2006 05:25 am

Add your own pictures to your worksheets!

Many users have expressed interest in adding their own pictures to their worksheets. Now you can! :becky:

Note: There are limitations to what you can do but it is possible.
  • Your picture will work best if it is a portrait picture and not a landscape picture.
  • For the worksheet to look best the image you upload should be exactly 612px wide by 792px high.
  • Maximum dimensions are 612px wide by 792px high (ratio 1:1.29).
  • Images that aren't of the correct ratio (1:1.29) may cause your worksheet to look bad.
  • Worksheets that you make using your own pictures may NOT be added to the community list.
  • This feature is still in beta mode which means there still may be problems or glitches. Please report problems in this thread.

If you have pictures you want to use but they are the wrong size, resize your pictures here!

Instructions:
You must be a registered user to use this feature. You can register here.

Step One: Make your category to put your images in. First go to the flash card gallery and click "My Stuff" and then select "Category Admin" from the drop down menu.

Step Two: Click "Add Category".

Step Three: Name & describe your category.
Title = Your eslHQ User Name
Description = Optional
Parent Category = Member Galleries

Step Four: Now you are ready to upload and access your images. Go to the flash card homepage and scroll to the bottom of the list. There you should see your new category.

Step Five: Click "Upload" to add pictures to your category to use in worksheets.

If you have problems using this feature please post them here!

Enjoy!
Eric

mesmark Feb 20th, 2006 02:16 am

Re: Add your own pictures to your worksheets!

Quote:

Quote Eric
For the worksheet to look best the image you upload should be exactly 612px wide by 792px high.

Maximum dimensions are 612px wide by 792px high (ratio 1:1.29).

Images that aren't of the correct ratio (1:1.29) may cause your worksheet to look bad.

:becky: :becky: :becky:

There's a look at some of the behind the scenes work.

Eric Feb 20th, 2006 05:14 am

Quote:

Quote mesmark
There's a look at some of the behind the scenes work.

When i built it i never considered others uploading their own images. (and it wasnt even my idea. lots of users requested it!) eventually i will go back and correct the 50+ files that need fixing to allow almost any size image.

russod Jan 10th, 2007 09:20 am

russod, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
I follow the steps and this is the message that I get. Help. Thanks. (I am logged in)

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Eric Jan 10th, 2007 09:53 am

Quote:

Quote russod
russod, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
I follow the steps and this is the message that I get. Help. Thanks. (I am logged in)

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Hi,

I think I got this fixed. I also emailed you. I hope you received my email.

Thanks for all your help! :)

Eric

katymac Apr 24th, 2009 04:37 am

Hi,
I am logged it, but I don`t think I have access to everything. I would like to upload my own pictures, however when I go to flashcards I only have three options; home, upload and search flashcards.
How come I don`t have the other options that are in the tutorial above?
Cheers Katy

katymac Apr 24th, 2009 04:44 am

Hey I am the idiot who did the above comment, and got it working.

itzfitz84 Aug 5th, 2009 05:17 pm

I tried uploading my own pictures, but when I submitted the attached pictures to be uploaded, it said that I must first choose a category. I tried doing this, however, when I tried to select the category, it would not let me. Could you check on this feature? Thanks!

Eric Aug 6th, 2009 08:01 am

Quote:

Quote itzfitz84 (Post 23259)
I tried uploading my own pictures, but when I submitted the attached pictures to be uploaded, it said that I must first choose a category. I tried doing this, however, when I tried to select the category, it would not let me. Could you check on this feature? Thanks!

Did you follow the directions posted in the first post in this thread?

michelemcf Oct 15th, 2009 01:22 am

Can you please tell me how to delete pictures from my gallery. I've ended up with several duplicates.
Thanks

Eric Oct 15th, 2009 03:16 pm

Quote:

Quote michelemcf (Post 24321)
Can you please tell me how to delete pictures from my gallery. I've ended up with several duplicates.
Thanks

1. Click the image
  2. Go to Image Tools
  3. Check "Delete This Image" from the drop down menu
  4. Click "Perform Action"

Eric

xuyulakerszhang Nov 30th, 2012 08:00 pm

How come after I submited the images, they turned out to be different from the orignal ones? I'm not talking about the sizes. For example, I submited 15 images of different fruits. For some reasons, only strawberry is shown in all images even though they were supposed to be banana, nectarine, cherry, etc.