eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Mar 13th, 2006, 03:44 pm
eslHQ Zealot

crisholm is on a distinguished road
Question Bingo Worksheets

Hi Eric,
I had more time today so I went through the lengthy process of making 25 Food Bingo sheets for my students (Well, I may have between 18 and 15, so I thought I may as well do them all). I got a bit messed up at first on how to save them - luckily I saved them all in PDF on the last stage. But then I noticed what was wrong - I can only share one single bingo worksheet on the web and not the 25 I made (which would make much more sense), since who wants to share one single bingo sheet - there's no thrill for the students!
Then I looked up other bingo sheets made by other teachers and BINGO it was the same - just one single sheet. Admitting all options would perhaps take up too much webspace, I thought that opening the worksheet would allow you the 'shuffle' option to make all the different cards - but there is no such option.
Perhaps you could includethe 'shuffle' option for other people's bingo cards. Otherwise, we'd be back to making the same worksheets all over again - no point really, don't you think?
Anyway, my bingo looks great. I'll send more flashcard suggestions when I have time. Have you noticed the increase in worksheets? The more flashcards, the more possibilities - I had a few problems in my 'going out' worksheet, but in the end I managed.
A great website!
Thanks!
Unread Mar 13th, 2006, 05:27 pm
Administrator

Eric is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bingo Worksheets

yeah, i realize the limitations of the BINGO worksheets for the maker and when their added to the community list.

what i want to eventually do (it may be a while) is allow the worksheet maker to just type in a number (in your case 25) for how many different sheets you want and then hit save and 25 different PDF sheets would be made. im not exactly sure how to do it yet but i'll figure it out.

thanks for the suggestions!!

eric
Unread Mar 21st, 2006, 03:08 am
eslHQ Zealot

That would be lovely. Anyway, being able to save the ones we've made would also help.
Thanks,
Unread Mar 22nd, 2006, 07:17 pm
Administrator

Quote:
Quote crisholm
Perhaps you could include the 'shuffle' option for other people's bingo cards. Otherwise, we'd be back to making the same worksheets all over again - no point really, don't you think?
OK, now you can shuffle other people's BINGO cards. I thought it was going to be harder to implement but it was really quite simple.

Thanks again for the suggestion and please let me know if you experience any problems with the shuffle function, or anything else for that matter.

eric
Unread Mar 24th, 2006, 02:44 pm
eslHQ Zealot

I've just tried it and it works wonderfully. Thanks! I think it's a great improvement!
Unread Dec 6th, 2006, 01:43 pm
eslHQ Member

scaza is on a distinguished road

That would be real useful. hitting shuffle 25 times sucks!

How did you code this? Can`t you just put it in a `for loop`

Quote:
Quote Eric
yeah, i realize the limitations of the BINGO worksheets for the maker and when their added to the community list.

what i want to eventually do (it may be a while) is allow the worksheet maker to just type in a number (in your case 25) for how many different sheets you want and then hit save and 25 different PDF sheets would be made. im not exactly sure how to do it yet but i'll figure it out.

eric
Unread Dec 6th, 2006, 02:05 pm
eslHQ Member

It would also be useful to have different word lists. So you don`t confuse the words between different levels.

Quote:
Quote Eric

eric
Unread Dec 6th, 2006, 07:00 pm
Administrator

scaza,

Thanks for your suggestions. I only have 2 hands & 24 hours in a day, I'm not sure when I'll be creating those features.

Eric
Unread Dec 6th, 2006, 07:10 pm
eslHQ Member

d'accord. Maybe you need more hands. I am more of a programmer than an enlish teacher.