eslHQ

eslHQ (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/)
-   The Worksheet Maker (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/esl-forums/worksheet-maker/)
-   -   Bingo Worksheets (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/esl-forums/worksheet-maker/bingo-worksheets-373/)

crisholm Mar 13th, 2006 03:44 pm

Bingo Worksheets

Hi Eric,
I had more time today so I went through the lengthy process of making 25 Food Bingo sheets for my students (Well, I may have between 18 and 15, so I thought I may as well do them all). I got a bit messed up at first on how to save them - luckily I saved them all in PDF on the last stage. But then I noticed what was wrong - I can only share one single bingo worksheet on the web and not the 25 I made (which would make much more sense), since who wants to share one single bingo sheet - there's no thrill for the students!
Then I looked up other bingo sheets made by other teachers and BINGO it was the same - just one single sheet. Admitting all options would perhaps take up too much webspace, I thought that opening the worksheet would allow you the 'shuffle' option to make all the different cards - but there is no such option.
Perhaps you could includethe 'shuffle' option for other people's bingo cards. Otherwise, we'd be back to making the same worksheets all over again - no point really, don't you think?:confused:
Anyway, my bingo looks great. I'll send more flashcard suggestions when I have time. Have you noticed the increase in worksheets? The more flashcards, the more possibilities - I had a few problems in my 'going out' worksheet, but in the end I managed.
A great website!
Thanks!

Eric Mar 13th, 2006 05:27 pm

Re: Bingo Worksheets

yeah, i realize the limitations of the BINGO worksheets for the maker and when their added to the community list.

what i want to eventually do (it may be a while) is allow the worksheet maker to just type in a number (in your case 25) for how many different sheets you want and then hit save and 25 different PDF sheets would be made. im not exactly sure how to do it yet but i'll figure it out.

thanks for the suggestions!!

eric

crisholm Mar 21st, 2006 03:08 am

That would be lovely. Anyway, being able to save the ones we've made would also help.
Thanks,

Eric Mar 22nd, 2006 07:17 pm

Quote:

Quote crisholm
Perhaps you could include the 'shuffle' option for other people's bingo cards. Otherwise, we'd be back to making the same worksheets all over again - no point really, don't you think?:confused:

OK, now you can shuffle other people's BINGO cards. I thought it was going to be harder to implement but it was really quite simple.

Thanks again for the suggestion and please let me know if you experience any problems with the shuffle function, or anything else for that matter.

eric

crisholm Mar 24th, 2006 02:44 pm

I've just tried it and it works wonderfully. Thanks! I think it's a great improvement!

scaza Dec 6th, 2006 01:43 pm

That would be real useful. hitting shuffle 25 times sucks!

How did you code this? Can`t you just put it in a `for loop`

Quote:

Quote Eric
yeah, i realize the limitations of the BINGO worksheets for the maker and when their added to the community list.

what i want to eventually do (it may be a while) is allow the worksheet maker to just type in a number (in your case 25) for how many different sheets you want and then hit save and 25 different PDF sheets would be made. im not exactly sure how to do it yet but i'll figure it out.

eric

scaza Dec 6th, 2006 02:05 pm

It would also be useful to have different word lists. So you don`t confuse the words between different levels.

Quote:

Quote Eric

eric

Eric Dec 6th, 2006 07:00 pm

scaza,

Thanks for your suggestions. I only have 2 hands & 24 hours in a day, I'm not sure when I'll be creating those features.

Eric

scaza Dec 6th, 2006 07:10 pm

d'accord. Maybe you need more hands. I am more of a programmer than an enlish teacher.