YBM ECC VS Public Schools
1. Public Schools state that they are the most reliable positions: YBM is a Multi-Hundred Million Dollar Corporation. We fully guarantee your contract. We are just as, if not more reliable than Public Schools positions, and offer definitely the most reliable Private School positions.
2. Public Schools state that instructors gain real teaching experience: Instructors at public schools teach average of 20-40 students, once or twice a week, for 40 minutes. There is a reason students go to Hagwons after school. With YBM ECC you see your students every day. So, you can actually see improvement and growth.
3. Public Schools promise a lot of money: Public Schools pay is less than the smallest private Hagwon, at 1.8 million KRW. The standard YBM ECC Salary starts at 2.0 million KRW along with Korea’s most comprehensive Benefit Package
4. Public Schools promise cultural experience: There is only ONE foreign instructor at each school, rather kind of lonely. YBM ECC schools have 5-11 foreign teachers to befriend and experience Korea with. Along with Korean Co-Teachers that speak fluent English.
5. Public Schools promise many vacation days: Instructors are sometimes called in to work on their vacation days. YBM ECC has set vacation days in which you and your co-workers can plan a vacation anywhere you choose.
*What you don’t know about Public Schools
6. With Public Schools you have to commute to work (30-60mins): YBM ECC’s schools provide housing within walking distance (2-15mins)
7. Some Public Schools do not have Air Conditioning: Korea can be very hot and humid in the summer. All YBM ECC Schools are modern and well equipped
8. With Public Schools you are not Guaranteed a specific location until you arrive in Korea and then located: With YBM ECC we guarantee you a position before you sign a contract and come to Korea. So you know where you will be, and given choices to choose from.
9. With Public School you can be located in the rural farmlands or rundown areas of a city: All of YBM ECC’s schools and housing are in Major cities, and the affluent location within that City.
10. You have to deal with a Recruiter for Public Schools: All instructors for YBM ECC Company owned schools are hired Directly through the HR Division of YBM ECC Head Office- We provide Only Honest and Detailed Information. Welcome to YBM Education::
(Official Website) to see detailed information and photos of our company owned ECC Schools. Apply early to get the best choice!
Below are our available positions at our company-owned and operated ECC schools. Departing for Korea at the end of March.
(2-3 min walk to Garak Market Station Seoul Subway Line 8)
Located near Jamsil and the Olympic Park. Songpa is very popular because it is not as congested as other parts of Seoul yet it is only a few minutes from the popular Gangnam areas. In Songpa you will have all the necessary amenities and more, such as: famous restaurants, fitness centers, movie theaters and many places to relax and enjoy your free time. It is also very close to the Lotte World amusement park/ Lotte Mall. Songpa ECC is definitely one of our high sought after schools due to its prime location. Click here for more information about Songpa ECC!
(1 min walking distance to Cheolsan Station Seoul Subway line 7)
It is located close to Yeongdeungpo, Sindorim, Daerim, and Mokdong (Hot Spots of Western Seoul) as well as Hongdae/Sinchon area. The Office-tell studio provided is within 5~6 min walk from the school. Being located near mountains, this is a great location for hiking enthusiasts. At the same time being only a short distance from Hongdae/Sinchon area where the night scene is very popular, anyone located here will have the best of both worlds. This is definitely a great location if you want to meet up with friends after work. Click here for more information about Gwangmyeong ECC!
Songdo ECC (5 min walk to Campus Town Station Incheon)
Songdo is considered Korea’s most High-tech City. Here you can escape the congestion of Seoul while still having access to all its amenities in this newly developed area. Songdo is connected to Seoul by subway and bus. Instructors at this location are also provided with some of the best housing available with YBM ECC with it loft type officetels. Instructors at this location love the fact that they are near the water, near Seoul, and in a modern and clean city. Click here for more information about Songdo ECC! *Apply Early and Secure an End of April 2011 Position in [Seoul, Busan, Ilsan, Changwon] Multiple positions available in each location. Benefits you will receive with YBM ECC; which other schools may not provide:
*RENT-FREE, furnished, single housing located within walking distance to the school.
*Competitive salary of 2.0~2.4 million won for 26 teaching hours/week [Fewer hours than the average contract in Korea].
*Prepaid air tickets, from the nearest major home city of prospective teachers.
*Guaranteed contracts; upheld by the YBM Corporate Head Office in Seoul
*Relocation allowance 200,000 won
*Paid Orientation and training with our teacher trainer.
*Compliance with the Pension tax refund (Average of over $1,000 US Dollars)
*Korean National Medical Insurance
*Year-end completion bonus/severance (one extra month’s salary)
* 50% off Korean, Japanese, and Chinese Language Lessons from YBM
* Vacation days (10 Selected Days + All Korean National holidays) How to apply for any of these positions:
-If you are ready to start your adventure please email email@example.com
(Alex Kang) HR Coordinator with the information listed below
1. Your updated resume (MS word document or text file)
2. A recent digital photo of yourself (you may also send a passport scan if you wish)
3. If possible please state a desired start date and location QUALIFICATIONS:
*Must be a Native English speaker from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, or Ireland.
*A bachelor’s degree,
For more information about our Company and updated information about what we can offer YOU please visit our website: www.YBMECC.co.kr
here you will be provided with detailed information and learn more about what YOU should be getting when applying to any teaching position in Korea.
We look forward to hearing from YOU!