eslHQ

eslHQ (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/)
-   ESL Worksheets (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/worksheets/esl-worksheets/)
-   -   Clothing Activity Worksheets (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/worksheets/esl-worksheets/clothing-activity-worksheets-2365/)

Whistleblower Nov 5th, 2006 08:59 pm

Clothing Activity Worksheets

2 Attachment(s)
Hello all,

I have been working on some clothes exercises for students and have so far made two worksheets for the students. The first one is a wordsearch for the students to reinforce vocabulary of clothes. The second exercise is where the student is required to write sentences to illustrate meaning. Hope this helps. If anyone has anyother worksheets for clothing activities or suggestions for teaching clothes please suggest.

Eric Nov 6th, 2006 02:04 am

Re: Clothing Activity Worksheets

Those are really nice! Did you make those?

Whistleblower Nov 6th, 2006 03:17 am

Yes and thanks for the comment. I made those this morning. Currently I am in between classes and got an idea during classes to introduce the difference between "a pair of ..." and "a ..." (eg. a pair of jeans, a skirt, etc). I put up a table for the differences and then asked students to write down as many clothes in the correct box. Another box I made for students was male and female box and what clothes men or women wear.

I made the wordsearch from a website and imported into Word and then just spent half an hour on the writing task.

Any ideas for clothes, as this is the main topic this week for students, please suggest.

Eric Nov 6th, 2006 03:55 am

quick game:

chair switch game.

put chairs in a circle, one less chair than there are students.
one student stands in the middle.
all the students sitting down ask at the same time, "what are you wearing?"
the student in the middle says, "i'm wearing a ____."
each student who is wearing ____ must get up and change chairs and the one left standing must answer the next "what are you wearing?" question.

variation:
don't let a student sit in an adjacent chair. this makes them really get up and move.

Whistleblower Nov 6th, 2006 05:51 am

That's a great idea for a fun game for half the lesson. I think I shall use this for my elementary class tommorrow.

Eric Nov 6th, 2006 06:43 am

Let me know how it goes. Don't forget the helmuts... it can get pretty crazy. ;)

Whistleblower Nov 7th, 2006 07:47 am

I used it for a class of students which can get pretty noisy. So first I done was I made a simple rule: good behaviour is rewarded and bad behaviour is punished. This rule cut the Korean chit chat in the class and the students were all communicating in English. I was pretty amazed.

I decided to reward them with points and a final game and they loved the game you suggested. It took about five minutes for the class to understand what the game was. Once they understood. I was great fun. The kids were dashing around the room like anything.

Thanks for the advice though Eric.

Eric Nov 7th, 2006 05:16 pm

Great! :)

gentle May 10th, 2007 04:14 am

Thanks for your useful worksheet!

nshah Jun 14th, 2007 05:48 pm

These worksheets are really amazing!! Great Job!!
I used these during my lesson!! Great job!!

samueladdo Nov 4th, 2008 11:06 am

I am so appreciative of people putting these posts up, thanks a lot, theyve definitely helped me a lot.

ilhaam Dec 5th, 2008 07:52 am

Really helpful thank you

T Fox Dec 15th, 2009 06:01 am

You saved my life today. I promise sending all my worksheet as soon as term ends.

Thanks a lot from Spain:D

cherry123 Dec 29th, 2010 10:05 am

chair switch game is pretty good.

jamieng28 Mar 7th, 2011 06:14 am

WOW~~~ I m a new English teacher...
Thankz so much with all teachers suggestions!
it was useful for me! ^^

abarboza Sep 24th, 2011 11:17 am

Great worksheets! You just saved my day :)

Greetings from Colombia

Linda-Den Dec 21st, 2012 03:10 am

Thanks so much~!