eslHQ

eslHQ (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bars in Daejeon (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28)

gobfrey Jan 9th, 2005 07:26 pm

Bars in Daejeon
 
You know, I've been to a few expat bars in Daejeon, but they all seem full old white guys nursing drinks at the bar and mumbling about how many weeks it is until they get to go home.

Does anyone wanna go to a bar and mumble with me? I get to go home in 5 years, so I could do a lot of mumbling.

Gobfrey

Happy Camper Jan 10th, 2005 12:21 am

Are you an old white guy or do you just like to mumble :)

songsengnim Jan 10th, 2005 03:03 am

Sounds as if you are not that old..why not dance the grumble-ness away... ;)

little sage Apr 25th, 2005 09:00 am

Done Any Mumbling Lately?
 
Gobfrey,

Have you found any good bars to mumble at recently? I personally steer clear of the ex-pat places because a very social scene has never much interested me. But if traditional rice wine is your gig, there is an inexpensive and earth and wood coloured place in Gung Dong, near Chungnam University, Daejeon, that is a really nice place to go.

Alternatively, I heard that it is possible to book a tour at the CASS BEER factory, but I expect that a minimum number of people are required. But suppose such an event interested a person and a number say, around 5 or 6 or so were rounded up, I expect this would be an interesting new atmosphere in which to mumble.

What are the best places to have a drink in?

fishead soup Apr 25th, 2005 08:32 pm

Quote:

Quote little sage
Gobfrey,

Have you found any good bars to mumble at recently? I personally steer clear of the ex-pat places because a very social scene has never much interested me. But if traditional rice wine is your gig, there is an inexpensive and earth and wood coloured place in Gung Dong, near Chungnam University, Daejeon, that is a really nice place to go.

Alternatively, I heard that it is possible to book a tour at the CASS BEER factory, but I expect that a minimum number of people are required. But suppose such an event interested a person and a number say, around 5 or 6 or so were rounded up, I expect this would be an interesting new atmosphere in which to mumble.

What are the best places to have a drink in?


I'm actually a big fan of rice wine. I prefer Dong Dong -ju over Makoli. I avoid the plastic bottle stuff most of its crap. Seoul Makoli is good though. The best side dish with Makoli is Tud-duc-Gui. This is a root similar to Ginseng it is marinated in Gochuzang(chilli sauce) and grilled. This is a great way to spend an afternoon getting pleasently sloshed.The acorn jelly and tofu dishes are nice too

Eric Apr 25th, 2005 11:46 pm

so true. dong dong ju is a nice way to spend a day :)

little sage Apr 26th, 2005 07:35 am

Quote:

Quote fishead soup
...The best side dish with Makoli is Tud-duc-Gui. This is a root similar to Ginseng it is marinated in Gochuzang (chilli sauce) and grilled. This is a great way to spend an afternoon getting pleasently sloshed.The acorn jelly and tofu dishes are nice too


I've never had the Tud-duc-gui that you describe above. Sounds healthy, though. Is that particular to KyeongDo?

I do like the acorn jelly. That also goes well with BokBunJa (raspberry wine) and a nice salad at SeonUnSan. Good thing summer is starting... :)

fishead soup Apr 26th, 2005 07:49 pm

Quote:

Quote Oreamnos
so true. dong dong ju is a nice way to spend a day :)

So many times we planned to climb a mountain and got side tracked at a small nice little place and a couple of juggs of Dong-Dong-ju. We never got to the top of the mountain.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 pm.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2