Bored on a Rainy day...?
I found some recipes for making Kahlua and flour torillas, and they were both a lot of fun and turned out pretty good. So if you're looking for a good way to spend a day indoors here are the recipes:
• 6 cups water
• 20 tsp instant coffee
• 1/2 gallon vodka
• 12 tsp pure vanilla
Mix sugar, water, coffee together and bring to slow boil. Turn heat down and simmer 1 hour. Remove heat, cover liquid with plastic wrap. Let sit for 12 hours, then remove wrap (it will pick up film from the top). Add vodka and vanilla, stir well. Bottle in dark bottles.
Notes:, Yield 3 quarts. Drinkable immediately. We usually make a half-batch because it's so darn big.
4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups warm water (not HOT)
1. Mix the dry ingredients.
2. Add oil and mix with hands.
3. Mixing with your hands, add water a little at a time, until you get a soft dough.
4. You should be able to mix in all the dry ingredients, but the dough shouldn't be sticky.
5. (You can add in more flour if you add too much water.) On a floured surface, knead the dough for 2- 4 minutes, adding flour if the dough is sticky.
6. Form dough into a ball, cover with towel and place upside down bowl over dough.
7. Let the dough rest for 15-20 minutes.
8. NOTE: the dough will not rise, this just rests the gluten.
9. Heat ungreased griddle to medium-high.
10. Break off golf-ball sized pieces of dough and flatten into 5 inch circles.
11. On a floured surface roll out tortillas using a back and forth motion, turning the tortilla 1/4 turn after each roll.
12. Flip the tortilla at least once.
13. Place tortilla on hot griddle and cook till bubbles rise (20-25 seconds).
14. Flip and cook on the other side 20-25 seconds.
15. Finished tortillas will be speckled with brown.
16. Place cooked tortilla in a bowl covered and lined with a towels.
17. NOTE: When you get good you should be able to roll out a tortilla while one on the griddle cooks.
I think i will make both after this wretched week is over :mad:
:D :D :p
When I first read this I thought "Tortillas made with flour and Kahlua? I don't think I've ever been that bored on a Sunday", but then I saw the recipes and it all fell into place. I might try that Kahlua recipe sometime, as it can be kinda pricey here...
How much sugar do you use? :confused:
Sorry, add six cups of sugar.
Also here is another recipe, it's all in cups. I would suggest always using much more vodka than the recipe calls for (saves the trouble of adding it latter, that is unless you drink something other than white russians). Have fun!
4 c. sugar
4 c. water
2/3 c. instant coffee
2 c. vodka
3 tbsp. vanilla
Mix; simmer 30 minutes. Cool. Bottle in containers.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 am.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2