The Future of English Education in Asia: 'Making Connections'
Dongseo University, Busan
South Korea Topics
- Principles of Instructed Language Learning
- Asian Realities in English Learning
- Extensive Reading: Effective Reading
- Teacher Development in EFL: what is to be learned beyond methodology in Asian contexts?
- Perspectives from Turkey
- Communicating Effectively with Chinese Students in EFL Classrooms
- Riding the Train of International Business English: a perspective on Indian English
- Toward a Critical Notion of English as an International Language
- The Case of Singapore
- Teaching Pronunciation
- The Future of Bilingual 'Zones' in Korea & China
- Learner's English-Russian Dictionary in Life Long Learning and Open Education
Directions to Dong Seo
University, ""Millennium Building""
(a) If you catch the subway at Somyeon you must be on Line #2 (the newer line.) You must go in the direction 'Hoppo.'
(b) See subway map
(c) Go 5 stops and get off at Naengjeong Subway - 5th stop after Somyeon (10 minutes from Somyeon)
(d) You must go out Exit #5. If you are in the front of the subway going to Naengjeong from Somyeon it is at that end of the subway station.
(e) As you exit the subway to street level you will see the road that goes up to the University Main Gate.
(f) Walk up here. It is steep. It may take 6-9 minutes to reach the University campus.
(g) At the entrance is a guard house and red and white boom gates. Don't go past the boom gates: Stop before you go past.
(h) On your right you will see a building "The Library" - walk in front of the library and keep going straight.
(i) Walk past the Language Institute (English sign on building) (1 minute walk from the Library)
(j) Keep walking to the next TALL building (15 floors) That is the Millennium building.
(k) From the front gate to here is about 4 minutes walk.
You will see Volunteers with Yellow sashes and Signs directing you
I would suggest you allow 15-20 minutes from the subway to the Millennium building if you are strolling.
There is a small bus #2 village bus that runs from the subway to the university front gate, but times of running are about every 20 minutes. If you catch a taxi opposite Lotte Hotel in Somyeon, and say Dong Seo
you will be there in 8 minutes and the cost is 4000 Won. Have the taxi driver take you to the Millennium building
We will have VOLUNTEERS wearing a YELLOW SASH at Subway Exit # 5 to give you help. http://www.asian-efl-journal.com/con..._schedule.html