I usually just go over some Christmas vocab, talk about what the students want for Christmas and call it a day.
This year I'm planning on adding a wordsearch
but beyond that does anyone have any good lessons, worksheets, simple craft activities, etc. they can suggest.
To show i'm not all take and no give, here's one simple craft activity I have done for lowe ele. to toddlers: Make a Reindeer:
time: 15-20 min. (longer for kindergarten and below)
materials: scissors, pens, 3 shades of construction paper, glue
1. Cut out a triangle with rounded tips using light brown construction paper(this will be the face)
2. Trace the students hands onto dark construction paper (horns) and cut out.
3. Cut out a circle from red or black construction paper (nose)
4. Glue the horns to the back of the face and the nose to the front of the face near the bottom. (The face should point down like a yeild sign.)
5. Draw in the eyes.
6. Write the students name and year on the back of their reindeer
Thanks - Mark