View Single Post
Unread Dec 2nd, 2007, 10:38 pm
I like it hot!

Denis DNT is on a distinguished road
Default I don't have control over my students! SOS!

I am now in one of those schools here where you are asked to teach students you don't really have any control on.
*We can't use the course book because it is considered to be repetition since the chinese English teacher is using it.
*We can't teach writing, grammar, listening, reading. That's is supposed to have been covered by the chinese English teacher.
*We can't test or evaluate the students. Their grades are done by the Chinese English teacher.
*We are however expected to teach something very interesting and very helpful to their full understanding of the lessons in their course book.
*Last and most important, we are not supposed to use any 'hard / harsh' disciplinary measures.
That's how the administration views it. On the other hand the students know that this is the fun time they all long for; with this guy who is supposed to be entertaining them, sharing in all their jokes yet not able to say "be quiet." After all this guy is not connected to their end-of-term report in any way.
It's killing me. If you guys have been in such situations, share with me how you handled that.
Thanks.