View Single Post
  #4 (permalink)  
Unread Jan 27th, 2005, 06:03 pm
sighisoara sighisoara is offline
eslHQ Member
Join Date: Jan 27th, 2005
Posts: 23
sighisoara is on a distinguished road

I teach in the States, but I've done my homework:

In general, you must have your EU passport to work in Western European countries. Most Eastern European countries don't care - they just need the teachers badly. Most European schools work with children and summer positions are usually for camps. If money is not an issue, Romania, Czech, Poland, etc. offer wonderful teaching opportunities and plenty of weekend getaways to various European cities arranged by the school you work for.

Scandanavian countries prefer the Brits & Aussies, but it's always worth a shot.

Middle Eastern countries do prefer men, however the UAE offers positions to women and is considered one of the safest of all the ME countries.

Bottom line: do your homework, ask other teachers, and check out as many esl forums regarding the countries your interested in and collect 411 from that.
Reply With Quote