View Single Post
Unread Mar 22nd, 2008, 08:02 am
More than a profession

Dedicated-Teacher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Food Items (Reading + Writing + Cut & Glue)

Quote:
Quote u2124707 View Post
Thanks agian

Can you explian us what is the different between this sheet and the other two??

Do use certain Strategy>?
I'll be glad if you share the lesson plan for this unit

This will help me sine I am a very beginner teacher this is only my second month

Hi,

The two worksheets follow the same process.

In the first part, students need to read the phrases/words and find the respective pictures from the second sheet. The second part requires students to identify the pictures and write the phrases/words.

Regarding the lesson plan, I can share the sequence I used both this worksheet and the one in the other thread since I don't have a written one.

Lesson 1:
1.1. I elicited the names of food my students know.

1.2. I did an activity where half of the students has pictures of food and the other half has the names and they have to find their partners.
Lesson 2:
2.1. We revised the foods name I introduced in the previous lesson. (I've already built a word bank on the wall) and read the names of food we have

2.2. I explained to students the worksheet. They have six empty squares with names.. They have to find the pictures and glue them in the correct box. And they have another six pictures which they have to write the names themselves.
[ The students refered to the word bank .. which has the pictures and names ].
I moved around and listened to individual students reading the 12 words for me.

------------------

The other worksheet on (containers/quantifiers) and (food items). I nearly followed the same process. Introduced the nine containers my students have to study .. developed a wordbank on another corner, then gave them this worksheet to work on.

I hope this procedure is easy to follow.

Please ask for any further explanation when needed.

Yours
DT