Thread: Flash Cards
View Single Post
Unread Apr 29th, 2008, 07:03 pm
eslHQ Zealot

kisito is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Flash Cards

With lessons for kids, flashcards are used almost everytime to introduce new vocabulary, practice or review stuff. I play flyswatting which is also called the slam game by many others.Click here to learn how to play.
Also I play the hop and say game. I have the game description here
One of the oldest flashcard games I have been using is also I-spy with my little eye. Learn how to play it here.
Flashcards can also be used as speech prompts in guessing games. First the teacher introduces the vocabulary by showing students the cards one after the other. Then later, holds the cards to the chest, making sure students can't see. Then play "what's this?" . Draw a big smiley face above and about 6 small smiley faces below. The big face represents the teacher and small faces represent all the students. Students try to guess what card the teacher is holding to his/her chest. Every time they make a wrong guess, the teacher gets a point. When they make a right guess, the students get a point and the teacher pretends to be disappointed that the students are gaining a point. Keep playing until you have exhausted the cards. The students love to beat their teacher. Lots of fun with this!