View Single Post
Unread May 26th, 2008, 02:13 pm
eslHQ Zealot

kisito is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How many real hours can you teach a day?

Quote:
Quote clivehawkins View Post
However, I jealously guard my weekends and have always refused to do anything other than some work on the site (which I consider a hobby, therefore relaxing).!
Hi Clive, the way you view work on your site is same way I see mine. You consider it a hobby and it doesn't seem like work. It reminds of a quote by Chinese philosopher Confucius : Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. It is true that enjoying your work makes it seem light. I did some part time teacher training which was giving workshops to teachers on classroom games and activities. I had to do this on my two free days. I never thought of it as work. First of all I was well paid for it and secondly I enjoyed it.
I wonder how you guys make your teaching less monotonous. After 3 years of teaching I decided to start creating websites which I saw as a hobby that re-energized my teaching. I have been offered administrative positions within my institution but turned them down. I couldn't imagine leaving the classroom. At the same time I am always looking for ways to stay in the classroom but avoid the feeling of monotony that sometimes comes with the job.