View Single Post
Unread May 26th, 2008, 05:21 pm
eslHQ superstar!

mesmark is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How many real hours can you teach a day?

Quote:
Quote kisito View Post
You really do some amazing work on your site Mark. Our school is trying to do something on phonics and your site was first on my list of resource sites. Congratulations!
Thanks! I'm not exactly sure why I pop up so high for "phonics" but I'm not complaining.

Quote:
Quote kisito View Post
I wonder how you guys make your teaching less monotonous.
Well, like you the websites and internet stuff has really added something to the work week. It's fun watching the sites grow. Like you said when you get a good idea, you have a different audience to share that with. So, not only your students but teachers around the world can benefit. With forums like these and over at MES-English other teachers can do the same.

I think for me keeping it fresh is just that. I'm trying these days to look for new ways to do things. Of course my older games still work, but then you just get into a rut and every day feels like the next. So, I try to improve older games or adapt them. If possible I'll come up with a new game or activity. I've been on a reading writing worksheet kick these days.

It's easy to just rinse and repeat once you have a system down, even with websites. But, if you keep doing different things it stays a bit interesting. Right now I'm take a Masters (Applied Linguistics) course and that has been helpful but I'll be glad when it's over ...