Thread: Olympic Games
View Single Post
Unread Aug 17th, 2008, 11:10 pm
eslHQ Member

kimyushin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Olympic Games

I have often wondered if there will ever be a kind of "ESL Olympics" both for TESOLs and Students alike.

I hope that we get to make a global award or competition with international prestige that will happen every two or four years; And it will recognize the excellence of what we do in TESOL.

It's something that will bring together all the TESOLs in the world together -not just to talk or meet or present papers -but somehow to showcase our teaching skills or whatever it is that we are good at.

TESOLs from UK, US, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, China, Philippines - native and non-native teachers alike- will all come together for two weeks of electrifiying competition!

So far, despite the Global Existence of the ESL Industry it still remains localized and fragmented -not bad in itself-

But, just look at us: Probably 90% of most TESOLs all over world have never met each other face to face. The best that we could do is to get together through forums and online chat room meetings or video conferences.

I just hope something could bring all of us together as one entity and produce the same unity, charm and electricity that the Beijing Olympics has produced in us.