View Single Post
Unread Nov 6th, 2008, 03:37 pm
eslHQ Member

tracey777 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Some of my students won't listen to me.

I am in the same boat too. Two of my classes are awful...many students turn up for weeks and when they do they are eiter so far behind or have no interest in learning! Many of them are disruptive and simply can not understand that the more they learn the more fun we can have in class.

Sometimes I try to play games with them and it works for apx 5-10 minutes (if I am lucky) after that they start to chat and lose interest. There are a few who want to learn and I feel so bad for them, instead of having a fun teacher who makes English fun they have a teacher who can only get the class to work when they are copying or searching for words in a dictionary. Stranegly enough if I give these activites the sit and do it quietly all lesson.

So my advice would be to try a few of these lessons and then build up to adding some simple vocabulary games in, then a little more talking and so on. THis is my next step,I hope it works for me and that the children can see English can be so much mre fun with a little effort from everyone.