View Single Post
Unread Nov 21st, 2008, 03:08 am
eslHQ Member

son of coco is on a distinguished road
Default Re: celta interview

Quote:
Quote paimana View Post
hi to all of u
i received my CELTA pack today, at a first glance the materials and tasks looks fun to me cuz i have always enjoyed working on languages, teaching etc..

But the only problem i have got is i have a very little confidence, you know english is not my first language and i always feel a bit uncomfortable when it comes to speaking.

Am a little concerned about this issue, but overall am happy...
I wouldn't be too concerned, there's a very good chance your grammar skills will be much better than most people on the course if they are native speakers. We had a Hungarian girl on our course (I did it in Budapest) and she was excellent with her grammar and did well with the vocab etc etc. She passed quite easily. They'll ease you into things in a way too, you have to teach from day 2 (or 3) but you get a lot of help for the first 2 weeks, it's really only the last couple of lessons where you're completely on your own as far as organising everything goes. They wean you off...

I hated getting up and talking infront of classes at uni, so that part was the worst for me...but just take it as it comes and you'll be fine.