View Single Post
Unread Jan 6th, 2009, 01:10 pm
Insegnante di Inglese

LaMaestraKate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help...FIRST TIME TEACHING, haven't a clue how to teach Simple Future & Continuou

I moved to Modena Italy a year ago from the United States and started teaching English soon after. I went through training and ended up figuring a few things on my own: 1. Your Students don't expect ANYTHING from you in the beginning because they're just as scared. 2. Teaching Adult English to Adult Italians is useless unless they can start from the beginning just like you and I did in Kindergarden. 3. If you're not learning and having a good time, neither are your students. One thing that helped me out a lot in teaching Adults is getting to know them a bit first, get to know their interests, and don't move at a pace they can't follow. If you go back in your memory to kindergarden and your first 3 years of learning to properly speak and write the Enlgish language, a lot of those excersizes can be recycled for adults. A game I like to play with adults is simple Memory with a deck of cards with the face cards taken out. I make them use their vocabulary when we play: Where was the 6? It was there. Where do you think the other 6 WILL BE? I think it will be here. Its good practise, and its also a challenge. Just a tip or two from a fellow teacher in Italy...