View Single Post
Unread Feb 26th, 2009, 03:36 pm
Administrator

Eric is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Online TEFL course

In my opinion, this site looks like a scam! I would be very wary of sending this site your $200!

There is very little documentation as to what you get. It doesn't even tell you what format the materials will be in. I say this because after you sign up, you get this message:
Quote:
Thank you for registering for our online TEFL course.

Please click on the button below to proceed to the payment page.

After payment has been completed, all of your online TEFL course materials will be sent to you by email within 24 hours.
Also, this does not appear to be an online course.

How much tutoring will they offer you and for how long? It just states that if you have questions, send an email. How long is that valid for?

What do they do to help you find a job?

Does this "course" offer any certification? It appears not to.

My guess is that whatever you receive after reading the materials (if you receive anything at all) will not be accredited by any of the major TEFL/CELTA organiztions.

My guess is that most countries will not recognize this course as a valid course and will probably not help you get a job in any country that requires a teacher to have some accreditation.

Finally, would you send your $200 to a site that looks like it was put together overnight?

Would you send your $200 to a site that doesn't provide you a sample of what you will receive?

Would you send your $200 to a site that will probably just email you some public domain materials that you could probably find for free at the local library?

Would you send your $200 to a site that doesn't offer anything in return like a certification or a diploma or something that would prove that you took the course other than a receipt?

There are plenty of real online TEFL course option so take a look around before you buy.

Ask yourself... how will this course really help you learn how to teach and find a job in the country of your choice?

Eric