View Single Post
Unread Mar 22nd, 2009, 06:07 am
eslHQ Zealot

kisito is on a distinguished road
Default Preparing Students for English Contests. Help!

Hey Guys,
I would like your input on preparing students for a serious speech contest. Well, last two years I was part of a team that prepared two students for a Chinese TV CCTV Outlook English contest. The students won and now my school is asking me to do more of these trainings. The problem is, a new course has been offered by my language school on preparing students on similar contests. Nine students have signed up with different levels of english and their parents are paying a fortune hoping that I can perform the magic on their kids so they win like the first two. Has anyone done similar contests? I would like your ideas on how to prepare these kids. They need to prepare 3 topics and talk about them. They will be asked random questions by members of the judging panel. They are right in the spot light with TV cameras and crews filming. Let me know if you have had similar experiences and how you prepared your students. What unique methods did you use? Also a list of the topics you used to prepare them will be helpful. What did you focus on? I don't think my previous experience is enough to turn the tide.
Thanks!