View Single Post
Unread Oct 28th, 2009, 04:19 am
eslHQ Member

Jacs is on a distinguished road
Default Privately Tutoring 6yr old - Help needed

Hello everyone,

I am brand new to this site so let me start by introducing myself. My name is Jacqueline, I'm 23 and Scottish, but working and living in Poland. I have been working in an English based pre-school here, but now taking conversational classes for kids and young people.

I have just taken a job with another school. They want me to privately tutor a 6 year old Polish boy, which I thought was all good as this is the age I am used to. However, looking at the school's website, I was sure that they had their own teaching methods and materials, but then I find out today that I am expected to plan every lesson myself! I did a bit of this with the pre-school, but it was always for large groups and mostly games, which obviously won't work with just one kid. Can anyone give any tips on how to get started and where to look for materials?? First lesson is this saturday!

Also, has anyone else come across this problem? This family are hiring me through the school to tutor their son. But as I've said, the school provide no materials to me, no training, no help at all. So why then do the school take payment??? For finding me on gumtree??? Obviously I need to start my own school!!

Any help will be much appreciated
Jacs