View Single Post
Unread Jun 1st, 2010, 11:20 pm
eslHQ Zealot

chokosaki is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conversation Activities for 12-18 year olds

I think this game would be pretty good. My students in China seem a little sheltered though. They don't know much about the media outside of China (they do know transformers, will smith, and sponegebob.) I think I would try this game with animals or jobs.

Animals. Eg. Can I fly? No! Do I have a long nose? Yes! Am I an elephant? Yes!

Jobs. Eg. Do I help people? Yes! Do I drive a car? No! Do I cut hair? No! Do I cook food? Yes! Am I a cook? Yes!

Actually, I think this game could be used with many things. People, jobs, animals...heck, even food, vehicles, and household objects come to mind. I'll give this a shot in one of my classes on Sunday. I've been teaching jobs. Last time I taught "i want to be a' and had practice with a board game I made. Board games are fun but I highly suggest using a die. All I had was a deck of cards and I let students draw a card from the stack (the numbers where 1-6). This went great until the end. A student accused another of cheating and hit another student (turns out it was true). I think if I used dice within the game that it would have been much easier. Normally, at the school we use an interactive white board and it has a die that we can touch and it'll roll...but this particular game had the students in groups of 3-4 with their own small board game. I'll get dice for everyone and it'll probably be much better.