Absolutely the most secure/reliable positions in all of Korea
Teach with Korea’s oldest and largest employer of ESL teachers and never worry about late-payments or unfair employment practices all too common of the ESL industry here. We ALWAYS honor our contract. This is NOT an ad from a recruiter. Apply DIRECTLY to the YBM head office and have the best choice of locations and be considered for all of our upcoming positions.
Benefits you receive with YBM ECC which other schools may not provide:
l RENT-FREE, furnished, single housing w/air conditioning located within walking distance to the school.
l Competitive salary of 2.0 million to 2.4 million won for 26 teaching hours per week equal to about 105 teaching hours per month: less hours than the average contract in Korea.
l Guaranteed contracts; you will always be paid on time and in full by the YBM Head Office in Seoul, regardless of the financial condition of your school
l Prepaid air tickets, not reimbursed, from the nearest major home city of prospective teachers.
l Relocation allowance 200,000 won
l Visa Fee Subsidy 50,000 won
l Korean National Medical Insurance
l Compliance with the Pension tax refund for qualifying teachers
l Year-end completion bonus/severance (one extra month’s salary)
l Vacation days (10 days plus all Korean National holidays)
l Medical testing provided and paid for by YBM
l Paid Orientation and training with our teacher trainer.
Below are our positions at our company-owned and operated ECC schools. Check out these schools on our website Welcome to YBM Education::
for extensive information and pictures. Click on the tab “ECC Locations” or “Pictures of ECC”. Apply early to get the best choice!
For positions starting on October 1st, departing at the end of September:
1. Gwangmyeong ECC Located in only a minute away from Cheolsan Subway Station (line 7). The Gwangmyeong area offers mountains nearby for hiking enthusiasts and is a short distance from Hongdae/Sinchon area where there are many bars and nightclubs.
2. Mokdong ECC Located near Omokgyo Subway Station. We are in an affluent Mokdong area of Seoul. It also happens to be near the excitement-packed Shinchon/Hongdae area as well as Itaewon.
1. Daegu ECC Located near the Sinmae subway station, of Suseong-gu, one Daegu’s most affluent area. This area has all the amenities you would need such as restaurants, bars, cafes, and shopping. It is an ideal choice for those who want big city life but less congestion and more open space. You can also head to downtown Daegu by hopping on the subway as it is near the school.
For positions starting on October 30th, departing at the end of October:
1. Sungbuk ECC Located near Sungshin Women’s University subway station (line 4) in Seoul. We are just a short subway ride to the famous Dongdaemun market and only two stops away from the popular Daehangno (College Street) district. This is a very busy university area with many clubs, bars, shops, cafes and live shows.
2. Dongdaemun ECC Located near the Dongdaemun shopping district! The Dongdaemun shopping area is the most famous shopping area in Seoul with many malls and shopping centers. From this location, you can also travel quickly to other hotspots such as Itaewon, Hongdae, and Daehangno by subway or bus. These areas have many bars, restaurants, and other amenities.
3. Gangdong ECC Located near Godeok subway station on line 5 in affluent southern Seoul. Near our school there are many parks and sports facilities such as the Olympic park. We are also close to the Sincheon and Cheonho Station, which are very busy areas with many restaurants, clubs, and bars. Also, we are close to Jamsil Station, where Lotte World the largest indoor amusement park in Asia is located.
4. Yeungdeungpo ECC Located near Daerim Subway Station. This area is an affluent residential area, providing many places to eat as well as ritzy department stores. Daerim Station is only about 15mins away from the exciting Hongdae/Shinchon area and 25mins away from the Gangnam area, both famous for it’s nightlife and shopping.
1. Haeundae ECC Located in the city of Busan. It is a coastal city, which is famous for its many beaches. Our school is near Jangsan Subway Station. This area has all the amenities needed such as restaurants, bars, and places to shop. Also, the famous Haeundae Beach is only a short bus ride away.
2. Gaegeum ECC Located near the Naejeong Subway Station, we are in the Seomyeon area, which is considered to be downtown Busan, an area that is popular among young Koreans and foreigners. There are many restaurants, clubs, and bars in this area for you to enjoy. We are also close to the Pusan National University district also a popular area to spend our time.
3. Nam-Busan ECC Located in the southern affluent part of Busan, near the coastline and is within minutes of Gwangalli Beach. There are a lot of bars, cafes, restaurants and shopping along the beach. Centum City, which is the largest department in the world, is close to this area. The school is only a few stops away by subway to the other hotspots and downtown areas in Busan.
To apply for any of these positions:
Forward the following items by email to YBM Education HR Division at eccmain @ybmsisa.co.kr or firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Your updated resume (MS word document or text file)
2. A recent digital photo of yourself (you may also send a passport scan if you want)
3. State the date you will be available to come to Korea
4. State the locations you would like to be considered for (Please try to list more than one)
QUALIFICATIONS: Native English speaker from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Ireland. Must have a bachelor’s degree, criminal background check, sealed transcripts and passport.
Go to Welcome to YBM Education::
to see pictures of our schools, see our sample contract and learn more about our organization.
We look forward to hearing from you!