View Single Post
Unread Sep 29th, 2010, 05:26 am
eslHQ Member

Lucy1986 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kindergarten Classroom Language

Hi

I know exactly how you feel as I have just come to China to teach and have mainly been given kindergarden age ranging from 2 to 6! I find the babies so hard to teach as they either cry or look worried and i'm really not very scary. Is there a website that has good fun simple ideas to make the lessons interesting and fun?? I found that a good one for the older ones is once you've taught a phrase eg 'Brush my teeth' then to the class you sing 'teacher teacher let me try' with a funny arm movement and then the whole class repeats and you pick someone to come and have a go. Once they say it they get a sticker. They love it and it gets everyone involved and the whole class can help if someone struggles. Repeat as many times as you like. Give it a go. Any other tips would be much appreciated. I find it hard teaching the little ones words like summer winter autumn spring (which I had to do last lesson as i'm following a book) as I found it hard to make it interesting and come up with some good actions. Any help would be great!

Thanks
Lucy