View Single Post
  #6 (permalink)  
Unread Nov 19th, 2010, 02:19 am
susan53 susan53 is offline
Join Date: Oct 8th, 2006
Location: Milan
Posts: 1,406
susan53 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: need your help with an equivalent

For women who are about to have a baby or have just done so (or adopted), the term is maternity leave. In countries where there is the possibility for either the father or the mother to take the leave after the baby is born, this becomes paternity leave if the father takes it.

However, if you need an umbrella term for all these situations, and if family leave exists in the States, then I'd use Family or Disability Leave as you suggest.
An ELT Notebook
The DELTA Course
Reply With Quote