View Single Post
Unread Aug 22nd, 2006, 11:37 pm
zashi

zashi is on a distinguished road
Question one-on-one class help me

I am teaching a one-on-one class with the kids 3 and 4 years old (I teach them separately) for 45 minutes … Their mother wants me to let them speak English fluently, but how can I do it all alone? (I meet them 3 times a week only and at their house they speak their native language )
Anyways, my problem is I think they don’t get much from me and I get frustrated…I want them to learn a lot from me… How can I let them speak English all the time or even just talking to me or to the people who talk to them in English???
The 4 year old kid is ok can speak and understand a little English (‘coz she is studying in an International School) but she gets bored easily… What she wants to do is what she has to do….
But the 3 year old is much of my problem, all she wants to do is play!play!play! I tried to play with her but the rule is we have to speak English, but she don’t speak English and when she talk to me with her native language I say “What?”(because I cannot understand her or sometimes pretend that I don’t understand her so she will be force to speak to me in English) and she will get irritated and will not talk to me anymore…I tried also letting her move like teaching her words like walk, run, etc she don’t want to do it… But there are times that she wants to learn, she will listen and repeat the words I’m saying but when I try to explain it to her by words or by realia she gets bored and prefer not to listen….

I really don’t know what to do... Please help me…