View Single Post
Unread Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:39 pm
eslHQ Zealot

chokosaki is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Board games in large classes

One thing that's pretty important to understand when teaching older kids (around 10+) is that they will tire of the same game much faster than younger students. Sometimes you might only be able to play a game a few times before your students are sick of it (tho the first few times your students will thoroughly enjoy it!).

I do agree with the others tho...in a situation like this (with so many students!) I would use printable board games and mainly hover around as a monitor.

Also, if you sign up for my newsletter on my site below (in my signature) you can download two free interactive games. There are other tools too that you might find useful (a time bomb, dice, drawing tool).

Good luck with your lessons tho with so many teams (four) I know I would be feeling bored. When I was younger I had a monopoly game on pc. Although it was based on Star Wars, I was really uninterested after a little while due to having to wait for my turn. If you could make the experience more interactive for students on the opposing teams...your game might go off better. Maybe offer a way for students to steal turns or answer a missed question.