View Single Post
Unread Oct 20th, 2006, 03:16 am
Ninja Fighting Teacher

livinginkorea is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Teaching in Europe

Quote:
Quote jenniferp
Hi livinginkorea
A bit off topic, Im sorry, but I'm interested that you mentioned doing your masters in TEFL. Are you doing by correspondence? And if so, do you have any kind of classroom observation as part of the assessment?
I'm wanting to do something like that while I am here teaching and have spare time but I'm not sure where to start looking or what to look for.
Thanks for anyone with any advice.
I am doing the Masters via distance learning through the University if Birmingham in England who just as chance would have it, a Korean office just an hour from my house in a small university. I can get some books there and all the materials are sent from there to me. Also when I want to send something to Birmingham I can send it to the Korean center and then can send it on.

They have lots of questions. One recently was tape a part of your class and answer some questions on it checking out Inner and Outer language. Really interesting stuff. A lot of the questions have experiment type questions where you have to do some research and then write a paper every 4 months. So you spend 3 months reading/researching and then the last month writing. It takes about 2 and a half years and costs about 12,000 Euros. Expensive I know but it's not online and the degree will be the same as if I was there in person myself.

Don't go for an online course. Not every country recongises them so it could be a waste of time if you were to do it and it wasn't seen as "real." There is a lot of that out there so be careful.

If you have any more questions then ask away

-Livinginkorea