Thread: Tutoring
View Single Post
Unread Oct 29th, 2006, 08:58 pm
Administrator

Eric is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tutoring

i wasn't sure about folks with non-e2 visas so i didn't want to make any claims one way or another on that. my f4 friend does them and i think he thinks they're legal. i really don't know for f visa holders. im sure paying taxes is part of making sure you stay out of trouble.

yeah, tons of people do them. koreans and non-koreans. most people don't pay taxes.

i would not go through an agency, ever. that sounds sketchy at best. there's no need. i have a lot of rock climbing friends all over korea so if you can PM me your city i can see if i know anyone there and ask them if they know of anything. i had one friend who was really having a hard time getting any privates. but as soon as he got one, he got about 10 within a few weeks.

sometimes, there's a korean contact person who kind of acts as a go-between for foreigners and mothers. if you hook up with one of these people, you're in good shape. they usually just take a little introduction fee from the mothers and nothing from the teachers.

like i said, if you tell me your city, or if you're in seoul tell me your dong, and i can ask around to my climbing friends.

later
eric