View Single Post
Unread Nov 4th, 2006, 02:23 am
Clive Hawkins

clivehawkins is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What do your classes do that drives you mad?

Quote:
Quote Frauke
Apart from one very hard working class they don't give a sh... about doing their homework but on the other hand complain about not progressing.
Frauke
It's not just me then!?
The ones that don't do their homework and don't participate in communication activities are usually the ones who complain the most and are the first to say "We didn't learn anything because the teacher was rubbish"

With business \ company courses I ALWAYS state at the start of the course that 1) They are adults 2) There is homework to do 3) Every hour in class needs at least another hour at home of self-study 4) They must speak only English in class 5) They won't do numbers 2-4.

The reaction is always the same ie mildly offended but the result is always the same too - I'm right. Obviously there are one or two exceptions in every group.

I like to remind them of the 'little chat' we had at the start from time to time to get them back on track but unfortunately most of them won't be told what to do by someone (usually) younger than them, especially in front of 'subordinates'.

Oh well.

Get TEFL qualified in Sardinia!:
Tefl in Sardinia