View Single Post
Unread Nov 17th, 2011, 08:55 am
eslHQ Member

Southern Sandra is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "Teaching" 5-6 year olds

Quote:
Quote cedarrose07 View Post
On Monday I start working with a 5 year old boy and a 6 year old girl, who are both Spanish. I have to speak entirely in English for the hour, but neither of them know any English yet. The girl knows colors/numbers/hi/bye and super basic things, but the boy can't read or write in Spanish yet.

It will be more of just an hour of coloring, listening to songs, doing crafts and stuff, and them being exposed to me speaking in English, but is anyone has specific ideas for things I can do, crafts, songs, etc. any help would be great!
Hello, over an hour of class looks like a long time for children that age! You may have to do a lot of playing.Childrenīs concentration span seems to be getting shorter and shorter. The Book "Bonanza" helped me greatly when I gave classes to children. If the kids can already use computers and there is one in the house, you could do some games online:I suggest English Club, the segment that is about games. (eg memory, pair matching,colours...) I could send you some more suggestions in the future
Good luck!