View Single Post
Unread Nov 13th, 2006, 07:34 am
English Teacher/Examiner

Whistleblower is on a distinguished road
Default Re: what would you be doing?

Good question Mesmark. I used to be in the military respraying (painting) Aircraft and Military Vehicles that would be ready for deployment. I remember painting all this military gear desert colour and remember thinking about the news in the time about Iraq having WMD etc. I thought bugger and decided to move on because this was going to be a big thing. About six months after I left the RAF, low and behold the UK attacked Iraq.

Anyways, I went to University. And as I had spent three years in full time employment with the same employer (HM RAF) the local education authority had to pay for my tuition fees. Yahoo!

I graduated uni. and the last time I heard from people from the RAF, most of them had been deployed in or around Iraq.

So to answer your question Mesmark, I could have been in Iraq, Afghanistan or any other war zone if I didn't leave the military when I did. But I took the risk and decided to pursue my interest in further education and afterwards decide to work in Korea with the influence and support from my Korean wife.