View Single Post
Unread Nov 14th, 2006, 08:51 pm
eslHQ superstar!

mesmark is on a distinguished road
Default Re: books for teaching business classes?

Well, I start this Friday.

I got them to accept using Interchange for now and supplementing with different things. I ordered a couple of the suggestions above and should have them in my hands this week.

I'm going to use Intro for the beginner class and it turns out the second class is for an intermediate group. So, with them I'm going to use Book 1.

The first class will be light with introductions and a bit about what they are expected to do. Also, I want to get a feel for what they actually need to do in English. Basically, do some encouraging, layout my goals for them, see what it is they want from the class and have some fun to set the ground work for an exciting class.

The class will be held in their confrence room and it is AWESOME! I've got a lap-top right there, wired to the sound system, hooked-up to the internet, with 3 more networked computers on the wing.

The white board is printable. I can print-out everything that I write on the white board and distribute it to the students. Maybe, this is no big surprise to a lot of people but I'm used to working with chalk.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions and I'm sure I'll be needing more. Luckily, I'm in a slight lull and have a lot of time to prepare for these lessons.