View Single Post
Unread Feb 10th, 2012, 09:47 am
eslHQ Enthusiast

arielhud is on a distinguished road
Wink Hamburger Stand for Kids

I don't know why it happened, but eslHQ ate my last post for this.... soooo..... here it goes again...

As a follow-up to my felt crepe shop prop, and its wild success, I made a felt hamburger shop, shown below.

I've been using basic shopkeeper dialogs again, with the addition of students asking "Do you want [topping]?" I also have the chef ask "How many?" when they say yes. It's been a rewarding game and the kids have liked it a lot.

It took a very, very long time to make, however.... the burger buns, at least. I cut cardboard rounds from pizza box tops to make the bottoms of the buns flat and hand sewed the rest. I was going to accent all of the condiments with white thread (especially the tomato) but by the time I got there I was just ready to implement it, haha~

Of course, the very first day my little critics were demanding that there be a full scale menu, with drinks and french fries and bacon and egg burgers. Luckily we had the plastic foods on hand to be able to do that without me needing to rush out to the craft store for more felt!

More pics:

Next up..... a flower shop?! Or maybe a pet store/vet...

Last edited by arielhud : Feb 10th, 2012 at 09:50 am. Reason: forgot more pics.