View Single Post
Unread Nov 22nd, 2006, 01:33 am
Clive Hawkins

clivehawkins is on a distinguished road
Default Re: High and lows. Peaks and troughs.

Quote:
Quote livinginkorea
I have been back twice now to Ireland (in 3 years) and it's shocking that nothing has changed. All my friends are still doing the same thing and probably will be for the next 20 years. They will never live in another country or experience a different culture and to be honest I think that's rather sad.
I couldn't agree more.
It really does hit you when you go 'home' that very little changes - a few slang words, the latest cult TV show and the high street has even more 'bargain' shops than ever.

As for the peaks and troughs, I guess you have to play one off against the other. When you're down think about the good times you've had there - that class that took you out for a beer after school, the afternoon in the mountains with your partner etc. Think about what people at home are doing - you know exactly where they are and what they're doing because they always do the same thing. You're doing something different - think positive!

When you're having a good time remember for a moment the times you felt a bit low - it'll seem less important than it really is and you'll enjoy what you're doing all the more for it.

There, it's half past seven in the morning here and I'm spouting psycho-babble. I really should sleep some more.

Get TEFL qualified in Sardinia!:
Tefl in Sardinia