View Single Post
Unread Dec 29th, 2006, 08:40 am
English Teacher/Examiner

Whistleblower is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Too Good to be True or an Honest Proposal

So I have replied to the very very nice gentleman who is offering this employment (Please I am being sarcastic!!!) and he sent me a very basic contract which is like a pdf file but I am unable to ammend anything as it security locked to stop it being changed in anyway.

But to be serious, this is absolutely worthless. This was the worst contract I have ever seen and I am not even going to describe the basic errors in this contract.

However, here was his reply from his latest email:

Quote:
Dear Martin,

We recieve your mail with contents well noted,
From our experince Nigeria is the one of the beautiful country in Africa, with exciting mix culture, wonderful places to hang out, you shall live within our locality because we are living in one of exculesive residencial estate build by the Government with security, so your security and wellbeing is well taken care of.
Attched herewith is the employment contract letter for your confirmation and study. kindly fill in the neccessary places sign and send bck to us for our confirmation while you contact the Nigerian immigration services they will funish with neccessary information also process your travling documents to enable you resume work with us in record time.

Looking forward to hear from you soonest
Sincerely
Wilson Brown
Now the good fella has attached his contract and is willing to employ me asap without contacting any of my referees. How professional???

I have decided to contact the MET (a police body in the UK) who has a squad dedicated to this type of crime which is seen as a 419 Nigerian Scam. I have found this useful guide from the internet Nigeria - The 419 Coalition Website:

Courtesy of The 419 Coalition

1. NEVER pay anything up front for ANY reason.
2. NEVER extend credit for ANY reason.
3. NEVER do ANYTHING until their check clears.
4. NEVER expect ANY help from the Nigerian Government.
5. NEVER rely on YOUR Government to bail you out.

---

I suppose that this really applies to anything at the end of the day especially if there are new teachers willing to teach in Korea. Please ensure that you speak to previous teachers from the school to ensure that the school does really exist and to get some idea of why the previous teachers left. At the end of the day, though, you have to be prudent.

So, to sum up things. I am just sending information to the police force in the UK organised to bring these criminals to justice. I am also going to send an email to the ISP's to ensure that the email accounts can be shut down causing a headache for the criminals.

I am no longer going to continue contacting this person as I have no desire to waste my time. I hope this information is useful for potential teachers no matter where you plan on working.

Take care & Happy New Year.

Martin