View Single Post
Unread Jan 10th, 2007, 10:19 pm
English Teacher/Examiner

Whistleblower is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Termination of Employment

Living in Korea, thank you for your advice. I really got annoyed by the fact that I have been working with these directors for over a year and that they still don't seem to trust me. They were absolutely shocked though that I put my notice in. They have a lot to lose.

Nonetheless, how do you manage to get an Apt. in Korea by just working with 4 different schools? I would love to have the autonomy that you seem to have by working when you want with whom you want, as well as staying legally within the law in Korea.

I shall get a reference from the school both in Korean and English but have the feeling that they would be unwilling to write a nice reference as they seem childish at times.

I had such a nice feeling when I put my notice in. It felt that I was back in the control seat again and able to control anything. Meanwhile my bosses were calling my wife and trying to get me to stay (they put a deposit on an Apt 34평 which they have to keep for a year so will have an empty Apt when I leave). However, the school seemed to have got worse and worse since I started and there seems to many people at the school trying to lead.

How much is a decent salary in Korea with a CELTA qualification (I decided though to leave when I completed my CELTA Course), over a years experience and myself married to a Korean with a family here? What sort of benefits could I ask for?

Thanks so far for the advice.