View Single Post
Unread Jan 10th, 2007, 11:30 pm
Ninja Fighting Teacher

livinginkorea is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Termination of Employment

Hey whistle. So you don't have a house or the school gives you one? We have one, the wife put down a depoisit of 20 million won for the year and after the year we can take the money or just renew the contract with our landlord. Either way it's a great deal as that's 20 million won that we have saved and can take it later. That system here in Korea is great. If you don't have enough for the key money then you can always rent some place but that depends on where you live. Look around anyway. I'm sure that your wife could find something in the papers or local real estate store. Don't go for a basement as I have heard bad stores about people living in them.

Also having your own place means that the school can't kick you out

Well I work only part time in every school and I don't work for anything lower than 30,000 won an hour. If I was teaching a one to one then it would be 40~45,000 won an hour. No housing or housing allowance as that's with a full time job. I can leave any job when I want and go to another. Lots of freedom. Just to give you an idea, here is my current week

Monday~Friday 10-12
Monday and Friday 3-7
Tuesday and Thursday 3.30-6.30
Wednesday 2-7

Total Hours - 29 hours x 30,000 = 870,000 won

Look at worknplay for an idea of what I mean. Some of them offer 25,000 for a block shift but I never take those as if you do then that agency, who placed up the add, will want you to work other jobs for 25,000. There are so many jobs out there for F-2-1 Visa holders as it's so easy to get a few. The main thing is take your time, send out a few emails, have a look around and they will come to you. Be patient.

Regards,

LiK